Friday, October 16, 2009

Where have I been?

So, where have I been these days? All in the family. Ukelilli's illustrious better half, John Ott, has been undertaking a serious challenge of a TWO WEEK FILM! A feature film shot and edited in TWO WEEKS. A lot of us have been donating our time and efforts to help him out and that is where I have been.
To get updates and watch the ENTIRE FILM! Which is FINISHED and actually really hilarious!
Go to:
www.makingthemovie.info
or
www.tastesfunny.net

Fer reals. Definitely worth the 65 minutes of your time (think, an episode of network TV!... plus 20 min)


So yeah, as the resident night-owl, I have been doing mostly editing work. Coming in Wed-Fri midnight-noon on somedays. Now completely nocturnal. Not been sleeping much either, cause it decided to get RIDICULOUSLY hot during the days.

But who is a running MANIAC? So, on Wednesday, I hit the late night gym up for a nice run after another day off. I have been doing the day on, day off thing but I wanted to get at least a couple back to back days in there. Just so I don't lose what I have. What a tough week for that.

So at the gym, and maybe it was the 4 hours of sleep the night before, but at 11pm on the treadmill, I just was exhausted. Muscles were rockin, but clearly my energy was not. So I ended early (I am no martyr) and logged a 30min run. about 5 miles.

Then after not getting more than 5 hours the next day. I show up at Jott's for editing with the plan of being there for a screening and then a gym before bed. Ha! 1am rolls around and we finally catch a break. Lots to do in the Avid rooms. So, he goes home to change, and I suit up and do a 1am run around Burbank on a Thursday night. It was a beautiful night, cool, calm, quiet. Running past the studios all dark with just the nightwatchmen. Leaping to touch lowhanging flags in front of closed stationary shops and running past the other night owls sitting at redlights on deserted Burbank thoroughfairs. Got back at 2am and did a solid 50 minutes at a nice clip. Avg 7m30sec mile throughout.

The book says to cut back the miles, but not the routine, so I have been making sure to do my full fast runs each time I go out (unless I wimp out on the treadmill at 30 min). Not to compromise on my runs, just cut down on weekly miles and the long runs. So, thats what im doin. Today, still not a full night sleep, but takin a day off. I will pull a 12 miler on Sunday then basically call it quits on the long runs. Maybe 9-10 miles a couple days later, but prolly not.

Dinner tonight of PORK BELLY!!!! Best. Meat. Ever.

Flying home soon to start prepping for the big race. I have my Ukelilli Limited Edition (1) Custom Marathon Shirt in the mail at home waiting for the big race!

No comments:

Post a Comment