Saturday, October 24, 2009

The final hours...

I have been SO paranoid about getting sick. Honestly, its raining, people are sneezing around me. It's driving me nuts, Im like a crazy person. I actually tried to hold my breath for an entire metro stop, so as not to inhale the sneezes of someone near me. I also got poured on walking the last 3 blocks to the metro. So, yeah, I have 13 more hours to hang on to before I don't need to care.

I didn't do any runs yesterday, got some beers with Sujan and Steph. Nice ole time. Went to bed at 1am and managed an 845am wake up this morning. The real test will be this "so called" 10pm bedtime. That just sounds unheard of to me. But I will try.

The plan tomorrow is to wake up at 510am. Get showered, ready and dressed. Head out by 530 and pick John up at 540. We will then take the metro to the starting line and hopefully get there by 7ish for warmups, bag drop off and final what-have-yous.

It looks like the parents are gonna leave around 9am and head out to catch me at some place around my 17th mile. Then, everyone will move to the final spot for the finish. I still don't know the course, but I prefer to be surprised. Obviously, it's gonna be nice (perhaps not rainy) and I figure, better to not know what comes next and enjoy the unfolding drama of the run.

Not much else going on. Carboloading a bit. Lunch was Spaghetti Carbonara, tonight is chinese, pork w plum sauce on brown rice. Maybe some more Spaghetti before bed.

Bagel in the morning.

A bit nervous, but mainly about getting sick. I know its just silly, but the stakes are high enough to make me stress. BUT, next post will be the race wrapup!

See yall on the otherside...

No comments:

Post a Comment