Monday, October 12, 2009

Day off Day on

So I read in my marathon book about the last 3 weeks and apparently it is not uncommon for marathon runners to go ABSOLUTELY CRAZY the last couple weeks (at least in a running sense). And yes, it is true. On Saturday, after two days off after the long run. I was at my friend Greg's and just as I had gotten all in gear to finally go running, they had decided to all go out for dinner. PANIC. I MUST GET MY RUN IN! So, what happened? I ran along the highways to the restaurant (beating them) and then circled the parking lot for another 20 minutes. Sure I need to cut back, but I was feeling so anxious to get a run in, I couldn't imagine not doing it somehow.

So yeah, I took yesterday off, but felt good about it cause I helped Jott with his final day of shooting. We got to hike up a mountain and jog along paths as he acted all the serial killer. The exercise was good, but definitely not enough to satisfy. Nonetheless, I opted out of a late night run and instead watched a nice handful of movies (all repeat viewings). The Killing, All the President's Men, and Mystery Train all made it on the slate. Solid stuff.

Today, I hit the gym and I felt like an ANIMAL. Oh MAN. The treadmill got stuck at 8.2 (7m25sec mile) and I just coasted along at that pace... Kinda frustrated that I couldn't pump it faster. After my 6 and a half miles, I felt ready to sprint another 6. But, thats good, if I can keep this spring coiled, man, what a nice race itll be in a couple weeks.

So yeah, back at Greg's, gonna have me a nice meal. Tomorrow maybe a run on the beach, maybe not. But, I have at least one more leisurely 12 mile run left to do. Man, that seems so short now... Crazy talk.

New tally on Donors:

Donors:
Elio Nataniel Baskir Freedman
Salli Parker
Sam Smith
Jonathan Chang
Annie Parker
Ted Parker
Marna Tucker
Lawrence Baskir
Cecily Baskir
John Freedman
Kathleen Godfrey
Liam O'Malley
Yfke van Berckelaer
W. John McMath
David Brundige
Germain Lussier
...And YOU!

New Tally:

$400!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment