Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Last longish run...$500!!!

So, today, after 3 days of sitting on my butt, I pulled one last "taper down" run. I figured I needed to do something that would turn my last three weeks into an official "taper" rather than a dead stop. Sure I have been doing a run every 2-3 days, but really that is quite a dramatic decline from even my standard week.

Thus, I hit the beach and did a nice run before hitting the East. Met up with Marina who said she was down for the 10 miles... heh, she lasted almost 3. But sure enough, Evan called me up while I was running (at a pace that easily allowed for phone conversation) and I headed over to his place from the beach and we did a nice run up North along the coast. It was a beautiful little loop with some hidden stairs that take you up and back towards the bluffs. The stairs were a bit fun (like 4 flights pretty straight up) and all in all, hit about 11.4 miles. Felt good, felt like I could definitely keep going without any problem. It was a nice reminder that I can still do this thing. The past week has been bad food, lots of sitting (editing, poker, movies) and just feeling gross - the lack of sleep all week didn't help either. So, good confidence booster.

Hitting the road back to East tomorrow in about 5 hours. Should probably get to bed. I have a couple little short short runs this week. But really, its all about flipping my sleep schedule almost exactly 12 hours and not getting sick.

Also - Donor UPGRADE!

We have some more pledged from a previous donor bringing our tally to an official

$500!!!

Wow. Amazing work guys! Let's see if we can't pentuple that by Sunday (ha!).

No comments:

Post a Comment